Blueprint: God’s Design for the Church
Gospel Transformation, Part 2
- The Gospel transforms us into a life of praise.
- Jesus appoints the unqualified.
- Jesus shows mercy to the ignorant.
- Jesus saves the unworthy.
- Jesus shows patience to the unrepentant.
- The Gospel transforms us to hold onto faith.
Palm Sunday 2018 – WCPC’s 21st Anniversary
“Memorial of God’s Faithfulness”
Our confidence in God’s present and future reliability is grounded in His past faithfulness. History = “His-story”
- Memorial Stones remind us of God’s faithfulness.
- Memorial Stones teach our children of God’s faithfulness.
- Memorial Stones testify to the world God’s Faithfulness.
WCPC recalls what God has done in and for us.
- Spotlight Calling
- Year of Suffering
- Gospel Transformation
- Installed Elders
- Severe Discipline Case (leading to Great Revival)
- Dr. Oliver Collins
- Built the Building
- Church Planting
- Jonathan Robson
- Journey Groups
- Story Presbyterian Church
- God considers you one of his memorial stones.
- The cross and the stone moved from the tomb are God’s memorials to us.
Jonah: God’s Call to All
Jonah: Both the Prodigal Son & Elder Brother
All are lost in sin, rebellion, and anger. Fooled by fake freedom, Jonah and the Prodigal went away from The Father. Clouded by arrogant pride, Jonah and the Elder Brother were full of wrath toward the helpless, who need the grace of The Father. Both stories end with a plea from The Father, who is full of love and mercy for all. What are you living for?
- How is Jonah like the Prodigal Son? (Am I free enough?)
- How is Jonah like the Elder Son? (Am I good enough?)
- How are We like Jonah, the Prodigal, and the Elder Son?