The Embrace of Grace
The Pharisees thought that Jesus’s proximity to such a great sinner discredited him. Jesus, on the other hand, came to save sinners, no matter how much they have sinned.
Great forgiveness provides the opportunity for great love.
The Legacy of Grace
We are taught from an early age, that we need to work for everything in our lives, but the favor of God cannot be earned. The church isn’t a club for the righteous, but a refuge for needy sinners.
Joins us as Steve shares a story of God’s pure grace to a enemy prostitute who would be spared, rescued, and become one of the women named in the lineage of King David.
Blueprint: God’s Design for the Church
Fighting the Good Fight of Faith
- Fight the good fight of faith
- Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness
- Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called
- Keep the commandments
- Guard the deposit (the Gospel)
- vs. Moral/Legalist Gospel
- vs. Pietist Gospel
- vs. Social Justice/Activist Gospel
- vs. Prosperity/”Health & Wealth” Gospel
- vs. Unity/Unitarian Gospel
- vs. “All Roads Lead to Heaven!” Gospel
- vs. Self Help/”Word of Faith”/Positive Gospel
- vs. Mystical Gospel