Jonah: God’s Call to All
Salvation Belongs to the Lord
It is the Lord, who saves those weak sinners fleeing from Him. There is no other savior, and it is not we, who save ourselves.
- Salvation is not the exclusive possession of one group.
- God extends salvation to the most unlikely.
- God will go to extraordinary means to save us.
- If salvation is of the Lord, then it’s by His way or manner.
Ephesians: God’s New Society
New Societal Standards
Now that we are in the family of God as adopted children we have new family rules.
- Depends on the charity or our character & conduct (4:2)
- Arises from the unity of our God (4:3-6)
- Enriched by the diversity of our gifts (4:7-12)
- Results in the maturity of our growth (4:13-16)
Parables: Truths About God’s Kingdom
A New Way to Be Human
Have you even wanted to do the right thing, but hesitated, and never got the chance again? What will we do with the time we are given? What we do in this life will echo in eternity. God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
- The humanity of the Rich Man
- The humanity of Lazarus